In the interest of public health, Harris County and the Houston Health Department have ordered all permitted events scheduled through April 2020 to be postponed. Per the County’s mandate, no permits will be issued for any events taking place while this public health protocol is in effect. Out of precaution, the County has decided that this is the best course of action for our community.
As a result, WestFork Productions, the producer of the Texas Wine & Art Festival, will respectfully and dutifully comply with the County’s order and postpone our event which was slated to take place April 4 - 5, 2020.
We are deeply saddened and understand how this may impact local business owners and event staff who rely on revenue from festivals and events, however; the safety and well-being of our guests and our community is our top priority.
We are in this as a community and it’s important to remain calm and stay updated with factual information from reliable sources. As local business owners, we encourage citizens to participate in healthy hygiene practices by observing the following public health guidelines:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when you cannot wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, use the elbow of your sleeve. Don’t use your hands to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Even if you are not ill, avoid visiting hospitals, long-term care facilities or nursing homes to the extent possible. If you do need to visit one of these facilities, limit your time there and keep six feet away from patients.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially if you are at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness.
- Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy foods, and manage your stress to keep your immunity strong.
- Clean household surfaces with standard cleaners.
- Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Visit ReadyHarris.org frequently for updates.
We will issue full refunds for wine tasting packages. Tickets purchased through our ticketing partner will be automatically refunded to the card utilized for payment. Refunds may take up to 10 days to appear on your statement.